- Recently finished 1662; To Die for Christ; The Friendship of 1765; Begnornian; Nerian
- Currently writing ... Queen Jane; 1460; James Saint George
- Music Saves No One response to the obituary of Alice Herz-Sommer
- Beauty & Joy CD coming soon and how it came about
- Rev. Silversides' Review of William Romaine's An Essay on Psalmody
- Sacred Music (God optional) call for scores
- The Signature of Approval an award from Michael Giacchino
Welcome and Introduction
This site and its publications are one composer's attempt to make sense of music to others, to demystify the art by putting it in its proper context. The books on this site are published by principle, meaning that they are a labour of love for those who are interested in learning.
This site is also a continuing expression of a real composer's development. The Composer's blog is a place for honest reflections on writing new music. The Culture blog is the composer's reactions to current events and hot topics because views, however high, are never held in a vacuum.
About this site
This site doesn't seek to be contentious, rather it is designed to nurture consistency in the way that we understand the arts and especially music. It does so entirely from a Christian perspective and on the foundation that music is Christian (read Beauty & Joy: The Christian Nature of Music for more information). This site does not disregard other points of view, but seeks to understand culture and the arts as a religious expression.
- Classical musicians can begin with Why Classical Music is Dead and read the Myths and Lies
- Worship-musicians should consider Why Worship music in not the Answer
Thank you for visiting today!