- Recently finished Tapestry of Love; Ithaca Air; Edmund the Saint (SATB); Upon Love's Hill
- Currently writing Fréod; Run Like the Wind; The Swan Song; Life of Thomas Bilney
- The Signature of Approval an award from Michael Giacchino
- Tavener: Man's reqiuem to himself doubting universalism
- Success in "Romance" Spanish premiere of new composition
- Music when we are afraid reflecting on the importance of joy
- Rethinking Music: Intertextuality a book review
Welcome and Introduction
This site and its publications are one composer's attempt to make sense of music to others, to demystify the art by putting it in its proper context. The books on this site are published by principle, meaning that they are a labour of love for those who are interested in learning.
This site is also a continuing expression of a real composer's development. The Composer's blog is a place for honest reflections on writing new music. The Culture blog is the composer's reactions to current events and hot topics because views, however high, are never held in a vacuum.
About this site
This site doesn't seek to be contentious, rather it is designed to nurture consistency in the way that we understand the arts and especially music. It does so entirely from a Christian perspective and on the foundation that music is Christian (read Beauty & Joy: The Christian Nature of Music for more information). This site does not disregard other points of view, but seeks to understand culture and the arts as a religious expression.
- Classical musicians can begin with Why Classical Music is Dead and read the Myths and Lies
- Worship-musicians should consider Why Worship music in not the Answer
Thank you for visiting today!